Friday 6 May 2016

The Make-Up Tag

As everyone who knows me already knows, I have a slight obsession with make-up. It is physically impossible for me to hit the shops without splurging on a new foundation that I don't need or yet another shade of lipstick that I'll probably never wear. And when I came across this make-up tag, I thought I'd give it a go!

Skincare


  1. How many times do you wash your face daily? Twice - once in the morning and once right before I go to bed.
  2. What skin type do you have? Combination. It's a killer.
  3. What is your current facial wash? Clinique's Rinse Off Foaming Cleanser.
  4. Do you exfoliate? My Clarisonic exfoliates my face and I use a body scrub for my bod-bod.
  5. What brand do you use? I usually stick to Clinique or Kiehl's.
  6. What moisturiser do you use? I'm currently using Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream but my all-time favourite is Clinique's Moisture Surge.
  7. Do you have freckles? I don't. I'm not really sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.
  8. Do you use eye cream? I do - Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado is my holy grail!
  9. Do you or did you have acne prone skin? Throughout my teenage years I suffered with about six spots in total but then as soon as I hit twenty, it's like puberty struck me and I suffered with a spot once a week. My skin isn't too bad now that I've got my skincare routine sorted. I guess the pollution in London doesn't help with spots.
  10. Did you ever have to use Pro-activ? I bought it once when I went to America on a family holiday but never really used it properly. It's probably still lurking in my bathroom cupboard, gathering dust.


Make Up

  1. What foundation do you use?
    At the moment I mix Yves Saint Laurent's Touche Eclat foundation with NARS All Day Luminous Weightless foundation.
  2. How about concealer?
    I use Benefit's Boi-ing concealer on blemishes and Collection 2000's Lasting Perfection concealer beneath my eyes as I have terrible dark circles.
  3. Do you know your undertone colour?
    Warm.
  4. What do you think of fake eyelashes?
    I love wearing them for special occasions but I don't see how some girls wear them every day. I struggle putting them on once every blue moon. Plus, I sometimes just prefer to put mascara on rather than fake eyelashes as my eyelashes are pretty long as it is. I'm blessed.
  5. Did you know that you are suppose to change your mascara every 3 months?
    I did. But I always remember to forget this fact as I've had the same mascara for about a year now and never suffered with bad eye health - apart from the fact I'm blind as a bat but that happened before I started wearing make up.
  6. What brand of mascara do you use?
    Estee Lauder. It's so good!
  7. Sephora or MAC?
    I love Sephora and would always choose Sephora due to the variety of make up and skincare they have but since England is deprived of Sephora, I'm gonna have to say MAC. Although I do love their make up too.
  8. Do you have a MAC Pro-card?
    A what?
  9. What make up tools do you use in make up application?
    Brushes. The thought of using my fingers to apply make up makes me want to vomit. I've tried using a BeautyBlender but I just can't get the hang of it and always smudge my make up in the process of trying it so I gave up.
  10. Do you use a make up base or primer for the eyes?
    I usually just spritz some MAC Prep and Prime Fix spray onto my eyes and then use my concealer as a base. I really want to invest in the Urban Decay Eye Primer but every time I remember to go buy it, they've sold out.
  11. Do you use a make up base or primer for the face?
    I do. I hate wearing foundation without it. You can definitely tell the difference in the application and finish without a primer. My favourite one is Benefit's Porefessional but I'm using Yves Saint Laurent's Touche Eclat Blur Primer at the moment and love it!
  12. What is your favourite eyeshadow (colour or shade)?
    I don't have a specific eyeshadow colour that I love but the Urban Decay's Naked Smoky contains all my favourite shades.
  13. Do you use pencil or liquid eyeliner?
    I use pencil for beneath my eye and liquid for the eyelid as I find pencil is easier to blend and I always prefer more definition on my eyelid and then a blended finish beneath my eye.
  14. How often do you poke your eyes with an eyeliner pencil?
    I've mastered the art of eyeliner pencils now so I very rarely poke myself in the eye. Unless I'm putting make up on drunk.
  15. What do you think of pigment eyeshadows?
    I love them. I only ever use them on big, special occasions though as I always make a mess so I need lots of time to make sure I can correct my mistakes. When I do pigmented eyeshadows, I always do my eyeshadow before foundation.
  16. Do you use mineral make up?
    I do when I'm having a good skin day as I find it gives a more natural look.
  17. What is your favourite lipstick?
    My favourite lipstick is MAC's Honey Love. It's a gorgeous matte nude!
  18. What is your favourite lipgloss?
    I never really wear lip glosses but in New York, I accidentally picked up an Yves Saint Laurent lipgloss, thinking it was a lipstick but I tried it and I like it - it's the Rouge Pur Couture Vernis A Levres Glossy Stain in Rouge Vintage.

  19. What is your favourite blush to use?
    I use NARS' deep throat. Naughty.
  20. Do you like drugstore make up?
    I went off it when I could eventually afford high end make up but now I've discovered Make Up Revolution and I'm definitely swinging back to drugstore make up.
  21. Do you go to cosmetic company outlets?
    I've never been to one but I'd love to. Might put that on my summer bucket list!
  22. Did you ever consider taking make up classes?
    Nope. Why take make up classes when you can sit watching hours of make up tutorials on YouTube for free?
  23. Are you clumsy in putting on make up?
    I'm not clumsy. I just can never do one eye the same as the other or one brow always ends up more defined than the other.
  24. Name a make up crime that you hate.
    Eyebrows so defined that they look like they've been drawn on with Sharpie.
  25. Do you prefer colourful shades of make up or neutral ones?
    I prefer neutral ones for an every day look but colourful shades for nights out.
  26. Which celebrity always has great make up?
    Beyoncé, but then again, she has great everything.
  27. If you could leave the house using just one make up item, what would you use?
    Tinted moisturiser.
  28. Could you ever leave the house without any make up on?
    I always leave the house without make up. It's very rare these days that I actually can be bothered to put make up on.
  29. Do you think you look good, even without any make up on?
    Nope. I definitely need make up.
  30. What do you think of make up?
    Love buying it. Love wearing it. Hate putting it on. I need to be in the right mood to put it on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment